VBN Regulations Steering Group
The VBN Regulations Steering Group takes decisions on behalf of the auctions and provides advice about quality and grading criteria (VBN product specifications) and product coding. The Steering Group is composed of mandated representatives of Royal FloraHolland, Plantion, Veiling Rhein-Maas and the Association of Wholesalers in Flower Nursery Products (Vereniging voor Groothandelaren in Bloemkwekerijproducten, VGB). The VBN Regulations Steering Group plans to meet at least 7 times a year for discussions leading to decision-making. During the meetings, a Floricode staff member is present to advise on issues concerning product coding.
Applications for amendments to VBN product specifications or product coding can be submitted in writing for evaluation or judgement to the VBN Regulations Steering Group. For more information about amendment applications, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The VBN Regulations Steering Group employs the following criteria in its evaluation of the proposed amendment:
- Does the proposed solution/amendment conflict with national or European legislation?
- Is there sufficient support among the suppliers and/or the trade for the proposed solution/amendment?
- Can the proposed solution/amendment be implemented at an acceptable cost and effort in the existing auction systems?
- Do the specified proposals allow for a level playing field or create an undesirable effect or precedent?
- Does the proposed solution/amendment fit within the framework of corporate social responsibility and/or fair dealing?
The VBN Regulations Steering Group advises contacting the relevant specialists at Royal FloraHolland, Plantion and Veiling Rhein-Maas before submitting an amendment application to ensure that the proposed solution/amendment is feasible for all auctions.